Purpose for our site...
This site is designed for you, the parents, friends and community members who have an interest in the students and programs of Community High School. CHS is the Alternative Education high school in the Warren Consolidated Schools district. There is so much for you to explore and find within these pages. The links at the left of this page and at the top will provide helpful information and resources for you to use. Please visit this site often and add it to your Favorites list.
- Have a great summer! See you in the fall.
- Graduation 2015...check out the video of this memorable event.
- Community High School Leadership class took part in the "Take a Bite out of Lyme Disease" Challenge and challenged fellow classes along with Mr. Yestrepsky. It is leadership's goal to spread the word to help raise awareness and provide fundraising for Lyme Disease. Please visit LymeDisease.org for more information. Check out the group!
- Students and family members, please check out the following document: "Paying for College & Steps to MCC Seminar Outline"
- "MCC Summer Career Academies" Please check out the flyer AND consider this...Completion of a 1-week Career Academy can count as a FULL CREDIT of the Life Skills Seminar Series. Make sure to fulfill all of the obligations for this credit opportunity by checking the following document: Life Skills Seminar
- Graduation speech auditions will be on Tuesday, May 19, at 3:15 PM, in Mrs. Sowinski's room. Please see her for packets and for sign up.
- The latest edition of our newsletter - The Falcon Forum - is now available on this site. Click the Newsletter link here or above.
- Community High School's Ecology Club, along with the sponsors Tom Brylewski and Kelley Collins, achieved and was awarded The Evergreen Designation. The Evergreen Designation is the highest ranking award for the Macomb County Green Schools. The Green Schools Program is a fun, educational initiative which encourages students to participate in activities that are good for the environment and promote energy efficiency and savings. Mr. Brylewski and Ms. Collins are both excited and proud of our alternative students getting such an important award.
- Please see the letter from Dr. Livernois and a two page informational flyer with Proposal 1 “Quick Facts" by opening the file at this link.
- "MCC Summer Career Academies" Please check out the flyer AND consider this...Completion of a 1-week Career Academy can count as a FULL CREDIT of the Life Skills Seminar Series. You must complete all 4 days -- provide certificate of completion -- and write a 1,000 word reflection essay.
- Community HS students shine! Four Community HS boys - Christian jackson, Nolan Lutey, Mario Maroki & Lawrence Wade - with the help of their Winning Futures mentor, Jim Parks, completed an amazing Community Service Project for St. John's Episcopal Church (often called "St. John's Detroit") on Friday. They collected, organized and delivered just over 300 books in one month! The church was so excited and said that this has been their biggest book fair in the history of the church due to the boys hard work! Please see the pictures!
- Congratulations go out to the AlNet boys basketball players who took both 1st place and 2nd place in the recent AlNet basketball tournament.
- Students at Community High School are actively involved with Blessings in a Backpack. Check them out!
- Warren Consolidated Schools is having a "Penny Drive" on behalf of the Macomb Food Program. Check out the informational flier.
- Warren Consolidated Schools is going to participate in "Make a Difference Day." Check out the informational flier.
- Parents & students...please note that lesson plans for our Community High School teachers are online. Simply go to the staff page, look for the teacher, and click the link.
- We're glad you're at our site! Please make a habit of visiting Community High School on the web. Also take the time to check your son's or daughter's progress using Power School.
First-time logging in : Go to the WCS Parent Portal Resource Page
If you have logged in before: Go straight to Power School
- This site does not display properly using the Mozilla Firefox web browser. The site is best viewed using Internet Explorer.
- Check out Community Service Locations & Opportunities at the following website: http://www.macombcountymi.gov/Volunteer/index.htm
- Report an absence, early dismissal or tardiness on the CHS absence hotline.
- "CARE's Family Connection Group" It's free! Parents & students...check out this great resource.
- Visitor Registration: "Please keep in mind that all visitors to the school should sign in and receive a Visitor's Pass at the School Office before proceeding to their destination in the school. This rule is necessary if we are to insure that persons outside the school community do not wander around the school. We wish to safeguard your children so let us know when you are here, even if you just stopped by to bring in a forgotten lunch." From WCS Parent Handbook
Community High School provides a nurturing and challenging environment which empowers students to learn, grow and accomplish academic, social and vocational goals and to become life-long learners and productive members of society.