Purpose for our site...
This site is designed for you, the parents, friends and community members who have an interest in the students and programs of Community High School. CHS is the Alternative Education high school in the Warren Consolidated Schools district. There is so much for you to explore and find within these pages. The links at the left of this page and at the top will provide helpful information and resources for you to use. Please visit this site often and add it to your Favorites list.
- Have a great summer 2016!
- June 2016 - Join us in congratulating the Winning Futures scholarship and award winning students from Community High School. Please read the press release for more details. View the picture of staff and students who participated in the event. Thank you for your support of Winning Futures!
- June 2016 - View photos from the Winning Futures scholarship and awards night! Enjoy them and feel free to share them!
- COMMUNITY HS OVERVIEW - Are you interested in Community HS and what it can do for you? Check out the PowerPoint presentation for an overview of the program here.
- Congratulations! - 5 Community HS students are the recipients of Winning Futures scholarships. Those students are: Nicholas Davich, Jonathon Kue, Samantha Rakotz, Marqus Todd & Deanna Ward. Please view the video (6 minutes & 15 seconds) to hear them speak words of appreciation as they receive their scholarships. Congratulations!
- GRADUATION 2016 - The highlight video is now available for you to view. It is 16 minutes & 48 seconds long, so grab a coffee, sit back and enjoy. Pre-ceremony images and video are included. Our student speeches were fantastic (only segments of each speech are included) and, as always, the post-ceremony pictures are wonderful! Please stay for the entire show!
- The Winning Futures channel on YouTube has video slideshow of highlights from the past year of our 2nd hour group. Enjoy!
- The Winning Futures channel on YouTube has video slideshow of highlights from the past year of our 3rd hour group. Enjoy!
Community High School "Honor Roll" students and their guests are honored at the Breakfast of Champions on Monday, May 23. Community High School staff members selected 6 graduating seniors to participate in the annual AlNet trip to Cedar Point.
- Community High School achieves Evergreen Green School recognition - the highest possible rank. The image shows Ms. Collins receiving the recognition (second from right) at the WCS school board meeting on Wednesday, May 18. See the list of Macomb County schools.
- Free Skilled Trade and Apprenticeship Training offered at MCC this Summer (for graduates)
- This year, three Community High School students were recognized for excellence in writing at the District Writing Celebration: Jonathan Kue for mastering the art of Literary Essay; Armon Butler for his creative and evocative memoir; and Christian Humes for his lyrical and philosophical poetry.
Please check out the links for Christian Humes' performance and digital story: Writing Celebration Performance and Digital Story
- Free "Student Heart Screening" - Check it out!
- Check out college fair information - "Metro Detroit--National College Fair"
- Many of our students are actively involved with Winning Futures, a highly recognized mentoring program for youth. Winning Futures has partnered with Community High School for nearly 20 years. Please check out some of the last month's recap photos from the 2nd hour and 3rd hour sessions.
- REMINDER - Parents and students: The teachers at Community High School now use "Work Windows" to assist students in completing and submitting their work in a timely manner. Please check the attached document to see the dates of each teacher's work window.
- Check out the results and creativity of our Community High School students who decorated classroom doors to make known various college options available to them.
- Please check out the flyer for the PSAT & SAT Parent information Nights on December 9, January 19 & February 22.
- "Explore Careers in Manufacturing and Technology--12/3/15 (counts as 2 seminars)" Check out the flyer!
- "FREE Training for Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing"
- Get FREE help filing the FAFSA at a College Goal near you. Details at http://www.MICollegeGoal.org.
- Welcome, Class of 2029! On Tuesday, February 9, 2016, Warren Consolidated Schools will host an informational parent meeting for all families with children entering Kindergarten in September 2016. The meeting will begin at 6:00pm in the Performing Arts Center located at 12901 Fifteen Mile Road in Sterling Heights, attached to Sterling Heights High School.
Parents attending will be provided with information about:
- All Day Kindergarten options, Year-Round and Traditional School Calendar, Kindergarten curriculum, Transitional Kindergarten, Health requirements to attend Kindergarten, Breakfast and lunch options, Transportation, Before- or after-school Latchkey services, World of Fours and Preschool opportunities
- Learn More About Macomb Community College Programs--Registration Required (each event counts as two seminars). Check out the flier.
- Understanding Teen Stress & How to Handle The Pressure--Registration Required (counts as two seminars)
- Graduation 2015...check out the video of this memorable event.
- Parents & students...please note that lesson plans for our Community High School teachers are online. Simply go to the staff page, look for the teacher, and click the link.
- We're glad you're at our site! Please make a habit of visiting Community High School on the web. Also take the time to check your son's or daughter's progress using Power School.
First-time logging in : Go to the WCS Parent Portal Resource Page
If you have logged in before: Go straight to Power School
- This site does not display properly using the Mozilla Firefox web browser. The site is best viewed using Internet Explorer.
- Report an absence, early dismissal or tardiness on the CHS absence hotline.
- "CARE's Family Connection Group" It's free! Parents & students...check out this great resource.
- Visitor Registration: "Please keep in mind that all visitors to the school should sign in and receive a Visitor's Pass at the School Office before proceeding to their destination in the school. This rule is necessary if we are to insure that persons outside the school community do not wander around the school. We wish to safeguard your children so let us know when you are here, even if you just stopped by to bring in a forgotten lunch." From WCS Parent Handbook
Community High School provides a nurturing and challenging environment which empowers students to learn, grow and accomplish academic, social and vocational goals and to become life-long learners and productive members of society.