The Curriculum Steering Committee (CSC) became part of the WEA/WCS contract in 1973 to enable and encourage teacher's participation in the curriculum process.
The committee is made up of eight (8) WEA teachers and eight (8) administrators. Teachers are elected from elementary, middle school, and senior high school. The WEA president appoints two (2) member-at-large.
CSC is charged with reviewing and funding requests for classroom projects and conference attendance. It is responsible for reviewing curriculum and textbook changes.
The Curriculum Steering Committee has improved the process to apply for conferences. Please read the information and follow the steps below to complete an on-line conference form. Please keep in mind that conferences must relate to your building's school improvement goals or personal evaluation goals.
WEA members are able to apply for a conference every year, with up to $800.00 for in-state and $1200.00 for out-of-state conferences. Members must apply at least (3) weeks in advance. Up to (4) members per building with a maximum of (12) members from the district may attend the same conference.
Each member must register in PL Portal and check AESOP to verify they are registered to attend and which days will have sub coverage. In order to obtain reimbursement each member must complete an “Evaluation Form” that will pop up after attendance is verified in PL Portal. Additionally after filling out an on-line, out-of-pocket expense form in the Document Repository each member must print it off and attach their original receipts and send to John Bernia at the administration building. (Please make a copy of this before sending it)
How to Access CSC Funds
- Completely fill out the online routable CSC Conference Request Form located under the OCI tab in the Document Depot.
- Choose your Administrator from the drop-down menu on CSC Conference Request Form and click [SUBMIT].
- Once your administrator has reviewed and submitted your CSC Conference Request Form, it will be electronically forwarded to the CSC committee for final approval and processing.
- DO NOT register for your conference until you have received a “Confirmation Email”.
- After receiving your “Confirmation Email”:
- Verify the correct dates were entered into AESOP.
- Register in PL Portal.
- Register for your conference.
- After your conference, complete the CSC Evaluation Survey and validate your attendance in PL Portal.
- To receive reimbursement for your conference:
- Complete online Out-of-Pocket Expense Form located under Fiscal Services tab in the Document Depot .
- Submit online Out-of-Pocket Expense Form to John Bernia (CSC Treasurer).
- Staple all original receipts to a printed copy of your submitted Out-of-Pocket Expense Form and send to John Bernia at the Administration Building.
How to Access CSC Funds for Project
- Completely fill out the online routable Project Proposal Request Form located under the OCI tab in the Document Depot .
- Choose your Administrator from the drop-down menu on Project Proposal Request Form and click [SUBMIT].
- Once your administrator has reviewed and submitted your Project Proposal Request Form, it will be electronically forwarded to the CSC committee for final approval and processing.